Love Scrapbooking Ideas : To Help With Your Love Layouts!
Need Love Scrapbooking Ideas?
Ahhhh! Love is in the air and these three love scrapbooking ideas for your pages will help you celebrate your love!!! Whether you’ve recently have fallen love or have been in love for years, create an extraordinary scrapbook that will allow the two of you to relive the special moments over and over.
1. It all begins with the backgrounds. Hearts, romance and more!
When it comes to putting together love scrapbooking ideas, the background for each layout plays such an important role. For some of your layouts you’ll want to use romantic backgrounds such as patterned paper with “I Love You” used repeatedly on the paper or two hands clasp together. For lighthearted pages, you might consider using patterned paper with kissing lips or cupid.
Although you’ll find a wide selection of love themed background paper in a craft store, sometimes it’s fun to create your own backgrounds out of other materials. Here are a few ideas:
- Bridal or wedding gift wrap paper. Wrapping paper makes a great background! Reuse wrapping paper that was used for a gift given to you or buy inexpensive wrapping paper at a store. Simply cut it to fit whatever size scrapbook page you’re working with.
- Bridal or wedding gift bags. A large gift bag with a love theme can be cut and used as a background for a scrapbook page. Concerned about a fold in the bag? No worries! Incorporate the fold into your layout design. It might be the perfect place to line up a photo with a cute vertical or horizontal border running on either side of the photo.
- Stamp it. Using card stock or colorful tissue paper, create your own design! Use a love themed rubber stamp and randomly stamp the card stock or tissue paper.
2. Add special borders. Lace, ribbon or buttons.
As you work on relationship scrapbook ideas, adding a special border to your layouts will give your love scrapbook layout that extra special touch. Not every side of your layout needs to have a border. In fact, you might want to experiment adding a border to just one or two sides. Here are some great love scrapbooking ideas for borders:
- Lace. The next time you’re at a garage sale, look for an old lace tablecloth or curtains. Cut the lace a little more than a half inch in width and whatever length needed for the layout. If you’re able to do a quick hem with a sewing machine or by hand, great! If not, use a hot glue gun and tack the hem in place every couple of inches. Once you’re through hemming, glue the lace to your layout.
- Ribbon. Craft stores and large retail stores frequently have ribbon remnants on sale at a great price. Look for flat ribbon made out of cloth, satin or velvet. Cut the ribbon to whatever size length you need for your layout.
- Paper doilies. A dollar store is a great resource for paper doilies. Doilies are circular in shame, often come in red or white, and can be cut into whatever shape you want. For a scalloped border, carefully poke a hole into a doily and cut out the center of the doily, leaving a one inch circle. Cut the circle into 1.5 inch pieces and glue along one of the edges of your layout. The pieces will create a scalloped border.
- Heart-shaped buttons. Heart-shaped buttons can be purchased online or at a craft store. Use strips of card stock for your borders and evenly space out the buttons. Leave at least an inch in between buttons.
- Heart rolling stamp. Instead of buttons, use a heart rolling stamp to create a fun border. Run the stamp down the center of the strips of card stock.
[cta id=”12714″ vid=”0″]
3. Jazz it up with wallpaper! Texture, design and endless possibilities.
Is there a wallpaper store near you? Ask the manager if he has an old sample book or loose sample pages that he’s ready to dispose of. Wallpaper will inspire you and your love scrapbook page! Two instant inspirations are texture and design.
- Texture. Most wallpaper contains texture. For a romantic feel, use floral wallpaper that has a trace of velvet around the petals of the flowers. Putting together a cute layout of going out for ice cream on a date? Use wallpaper that has raised polka dots on it. Have some great photos of watching fireworks together? Use wallpaper that sparkles with glitter.
- Design. Wallpaper is so versatile! You can create frames for your photos and journaling out of it. Flowers, hearts, balloons and other love themed shapes will look stunning if you use a variety of wallpaper for the shapes. Wallpaper can even be cut into strips and used to define your layouts. The possibilities are endless!
Now that you have three creative love scrapbooking ideas at your fingertips, you’re ready to create a spectacular scrapbook! With backgrounds, borders and texture in place, you just need to add photos, journaling and a few embellishments, and you’ll have a scrapbook that celebrates your love that can be enjoyed now and for many years to come!