THE 6 ENGAGEMENT SCRAPBOOK
IDEAS YOU MUST KNOW ABOUT
Love is in the air! As you put together a scrapbook album to celebrate your engagement, wedding or perhaps a special wedding anniversary, there are so many great scrapbooking ideas for couples to utilize for your layouts. From the choice of backgrounds right down to the embellishments, here are six must see romantic scrapbooking ideas for couples.
Scrapbook ideas for your wedding, engagement or anniversary
# 1 – Choosing the right background. Romantic or whimsical.
Choosing the perfect background will help set the tone for your layout. For romantic pages of your wedding or engagement scrapbook, use a dark shade a red, a scrapbook sheet showing wedding rings, or a one with love birds on it. To add humour to a page, find a design with “XOXOXO” or kissing lips. Large craft stores, as well as scrapbook websites, carry a wide variety of wedding themed sheets. Some sites offer customized options as well! For example, you can purchase a design that has two hearts drawn in the sand with the beautiful ocean in the background. Inside of each heart you and your partner’s name will appear. You can also use wedding gift wrap paper for a background.
# 2 – DRAW ATTENTION WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS ON PHOTOS
Choosing how to display your photos is key in regards to romantic scrapbook ideas for your wedding or engagement scrapbook. Because your photos will be the main focal point of each layout, it’s worth putting special effort in displaying them. Here are three popular ideas that will help your photos really come alive:
- Display photos as a filmstrip. If you’re creating a layout of memories, use three or four photos to create a filmstrip. Just as a person might watch an old family film or video to relive a special moment, the “filmstrip” will give the same sentimental feel. Crop the photos into the same size squares. Using black card stock, create a frame for the photos, leaving even spaces in between the photos. Along the top and bottom of the frame, punch with a single hole puncher, giving the effect of a filmstrip.
- Create black/gray/white photos with a hint of color. To draw special attention to a diamond ring, a bouquet, or a candle, use a program on your computer that will let you turn the photo into black/gray/white and add color to just one object. The result will be stunning!
- Create a mini book. If you have several photos of your engagement, wedding ceremony, etc., consider adding a mini book to the corner of your layout. For instance, if someone knew that you were going to become engaged and was able to take pictures, you might want to create a mini book of your engagement with photos of: facing each other, his reaching out for your hand, him getting down on one knee, the showing of the ring, your reaction, and then him putting the ring on your finger. If the layout is part of an actual scrapbook, you can carefully cut and remove the plastic to reveal the mini book. Use transparent tape to reinforce where the plastic has been cut.
# 3 – ‘DEAR SWEETIE…’ MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THOSE LOVE NOTES!
Did you and your hubby exchange love letters and notes? Do you still have them? Choose a few of your favourites and photocopy them onto acid-free paper. Frame each letter or note with ribbon, twine or strips of cardstock with hearts punched out. Include a photo from the time period of the letter. Journal where the two of you were located when you received the note. This becomes especially touching if your husband was in the service or living in a different state because of his job.
# 4 – MAKE A TOP 5 OR 10 ‘WHAT I LOVE ABOUT YOU’ LIST
One of the hottest wedding, anniversary or engagement scrapbook ideas is to have each person make a list of the top five or ten things that they love about the other person. Be sure to include serious things such as, “I love how you tell me I’m pretty even when I don’t feel pretty” or “I love that you get on the floor and play with our kids each night before we tuck them into bed.” Also include fun and quirky qualities, such as “I love your crooked eyebrows that distract me while we talk” or “I love after a good dinner you always tell me that your mom should take cooking lessons from me!” In years to come, these love lists will become very meaningful to the two of you.
[cta id=”12714″ vid=”0″]
# 5 – RECAPTURE A SPECIAL DATE
What is your most favourite date that you and your significant other have gone on? Was it a romantic night with dinner at a nice restaurant, a movie, and then a stroll through the park? Was it a day that focused on helping others, such as serving in a soup kitchen or taking dogs for walks at the SPCA? Was it a silly afternoon spent at an amusement park and riding the rides that you hadn’t been on since you were a kid? Create a special layout of this date. Include photos, ticket stubs, part of a brochure… anything that you have saved. This adds another dimension to your engagement scrapbook as it truly commemorates the moments where you fell in love.
# 6 – ADD A FUN TOUCH AND ENHANCE LAYOUTS WITH EMBELLISHMENTS
Include romantic and cute embellishments in each of your layouts. Here are some fun embellishments for romantic scrapbook ideas:
- confetti hearts
- tiny flowers
- romantic sticker messages or sentiments
- the fronts of vintage greeting cards
- rubber stamps
- love quotes
Now you’re ready to start your special wedding, anniversary or engagement scrapbook!
It’s time for the fun part – gathering your photos, love letters, and romantic themed supplies, and getting ready to create a romantic scrapbook using these amazing ideas for couples. As the years go by and your relationship grows, you will adore looking back on this amazing collection of memories and photographs that perfectly encapsulate your love for one another!