3 Stunning Bridal Shower Scrapbook Ideas
A lot of bridal shower scrapbook ideas provide great ways on how to put together a bridal scrapbook album after the shower has taken place. Yet, one of the hottest trends is to start planning on designing your album at the same time you plan for the bridal shower!
Here are three stunning bridal shower scrapbook page ideas that will make the bride-to-be thrilled to receive the bridal shower scrapbook!
Design the scrapbook pages in advance. Simple yet clever.
Remember going to bridal showers and when it came time to open the gifts, someone would look for a piece of scrap paper to write down each gift and who it was from? Why not include a page or two in your scrapbook to list the gifts? This way the guest of honor will know where the list is and will have it as a keepsake.
Here are some bridal shower scrapbook pages that can be designed in advance:
- Cover – list the name of the bride-to-be and the date, time and location of the bridal shower
- First page – a copy of the shower invitation
- The guest list – since some people aren’t good about RSVPs, or may need to cancel at the last moment, create a sheet with lines. As people show up for the shower, ask them to sign their name and their connection with the bride-to-be (i.e. sister, friend, co-worker).
- The menu – if the shower includes a meal, type a fancy menu and center it in the middle of the page. Later on, add photos of people enjoying the meal.
- Printed bridal shower games – quite often, bridal showers will include printed games such as trivia, word search or Bingo. Include a copy of these games in the scrapbook album.
- Advice cards – design a few pages that can be used to hold advice cards that will be filled out by the guests
- Showering of gifts – create one or two papers where someone can write down who gave what gift
- Words of wisdom – at some bridal showers, an older woman will give a brief devotional, or some type of words of encouragement to the guest of honor. Ask for a printed copy of what was shared and include it in the scrapbook album.
Utilize the colors and theme from the bridal shower. Coordinate items.
When it comes to bridal shower scrapbook ideas, a popular trend is to coordinate the scrapbook album with the colors, decorations and such that will be used for the actual bridal shower. Let’s say for example, that the shower is being decorated with purple and aqua. Create an album with a neutral background with those colors sprinkled throughout the pages. Another idea is to alternate the backgrounds with the purple and aqua.
With a little bit of planning, you can coordinate invitations, decorations, and such with your scrapbook album. For instance…
- Shower invitations. Instead of purchasing invitations, a lot of people choose to scrapbook the invitations. If you do this, then it’s really easy to use the same ideas for the scrapbook album. Invitations don’t have to be super elaborate. An easy way to create the invitations is to purchase blank cards, create a top and bottom border with purple cardstock and glue on aqua circles and a tiny bow. In the center of the front of the card put “You’re Invited….” Inside of the card can be all the details. Type the information on block size labels and just peel and press.
- Advice cards. Include an “advice card” with each invitation. On your computer, use a program that will create four postcards on one sheet of paper. Using purple ink, type instructions for each guest to give one piece of advice to the bride-to-be and to sign their name at the end. Add a border to the card with alternating aqua and purple polka dots (circles). As guests arrive to the shower, have a basket for them to drop the cards in.
- Place cards. Using card stock, continue with the border and polka dot (circle) theme to create simple but cute place cards for the guests.
Invite guests to scrapbook a page. Creative and fun!
One of the most sentimental bridal shower scrapbook page ideas is to set up a station where guests can create their own scrapbook page for the bridal shower album. In advance, prepare a basic layout. Use a neutral background and add two borders to each page. The borders might be top and bottom, left and right, or even two adjacent borders. Prepare different size journaling blocks, cute die-cuts and a photo frame where a photo can easily be placed inside of later on. (Have someone take photos of each guest during the shower.) Post brief instructions, such as:
Hi! Thank you for helping to create a special bridal shower scrapbook album for our guest of honor! Please follow these instructions and have fun!
- Choose a scrapbook page.
- Choose a journaling block. Write down one of your favorite memories of our bride-to-be. It can be something serious, funny, whatever comes to mind!
- Choose a photo frame.
- Attach the journal block and photo frame wherever you want to on the page.
- Add any of the die-cuts, message stickers and bridal shower or wedding embellishments.
- Sign your name to the page.
By planning in advance and using these bridal shower scrapbook ideas, you can create a very stunning bridal scrapbook album. It will be one that the bride-to-be will treasure for many years to come.
Topic: Bridal shower scrapbook ideas