“Free Flower Making Tutorial” – Discover How To Create Gorgeous Flowers For Your Pages Click Here Now
3 Secrets Of A Successful Christmas Scrapbook Layout!
One of the most popular types of scrapbook albums is a Christmas album. Because the holiday is so jam-packed with so much activity, scrappers sometimes tend to overdo it with Christmas scrapbook layouts.
They want to include so much, that the album becomes a glorified photo album and loses its uniqueness in showcasing the holiday.
Here are a few secrets on creating a successful Christmas scrapbook layout.
Secret #1. Decide on your number of pages
As you sort through and select photos for your scrapbooking layouts for Christmas, determine how many pages you want to use for your album.
I recently put together a Christmas scrapbook album from Christmas two years ago.
When I first pulled out my shoebox of Christmas photos, my husband smiled and just shook his head. I easily had close to 100 photos and he wondered how I was going to choose just a handful for my album.
Since I had purchased a Christmas scrapbook album last year after the holidays, I knew that the album could only hold 16 pages (front and back of 8 album pages). I usually only include two photos on a page, but occasionally will add a third or fourth photo. So, I knew that I would only be using 40 photos or less for the entire album.
Your album might contain more or less than mine did. If you are purchasing an album, it probably will come with scrapbook pages already in it. Some albums will allow you to add a couple additional pages if so desired. If you're making your own album, consider using no more than ten front/back pages.
Secret #2. Choose unusual shots as your main focal point
Discover how to make your Christmas scrapbook layouts different than the typical Christmas ones.
As I sorted through my Christmas photos, I was drawn to some of the photos that I took for fun. Originally I thought that these particular photos would be cropped and used as accents for my pages. But as I began to study the photos, I decided to make a few of these the main focal point. Here are a couple of examples:
Christmas flickering candle flame. One of my favorite shots was the glowing flame of a candle. Wax was just beginning to melt down the sides of the candle. The flame contained blue, green, yellow and almost a red shade.
For the background I adhered a sheet of red paper to the album page. I used a 5x7 copy of the candle photo and placed it in the lower left hand corner. Using my laptop and transparent sticky paper, I used a pretty font and typed "Love reflects the heart" which I adhered to the right of the photo.
I cropped a photo of my friends daughter checking herself out in a mirror. She was dressed in a red dress with red ribbons in her hair. I also cropped a photo of my son's surprised look when he removed the cover to a wrapped box and discovered a puppy! The expression on his face was priceless. I framed each cropped photo with a mat made out of aluminum foil. I actually was able to find scrapbook paper that had a fireplace mantle! I cut out the mantle which was the width of the page and glued it above the 5x7 photo. I placed the two framed photos onto the mantle. The page turned out really beautiful.
Dear Santa. My friends daughter Emma had written a precious letter to Santa letting him know that she had been good and what she wanted for Christmas. I had forgotten that I had taken a picture of the letter until I was sorting through the photos.
For the background, I used a themed paper that had a decorated Christmas tree to the left of the page. I placed the photo of Emma's letter, along with a sticker of milk and cookies underneath the tree. Toward the top of the page I used crooked letters and wrote "Dear Santa..." I included a photo of Emma asleep in her bed wearing her Rudolph PJs. I used a bubble sticker and listed some of the items that Emma had on her wish list. It made for an adorable page.
Secret #3. Be creative with embellishments
As you think about scrapbook ideas Christmas has so much to offer in terms of embellishments.
I have learned to save, save, save! Last year I purposely saved most of the wrapping paper, gift bags, cards, ribbons, bows and such that were given to our family. My kids know not to just toss out paper and they like to point out to me what will make a great embellishment for a scrapbook page! Start saving these items and you'll discover a wealth of Christmas supplies!
I also shop the after sales. It's amazing what you'll find on sale for 50% or less...stickers, confetti, decorative buttons, rubber stamps, foam Christmas shapes, and so much more. Here are a few ideas on how to be creative with your embellishments:
- Cloth ornaments - cut round ornaments out of wide ribbon. Add sequins or tiny beads to the ornaments. Use gold glitter glue to make a border around each ornament and a small loop at the top.
- Festive titles - cut out letters from greeting cards to make titles for your scrapbook pages.
- Gift boxes - cut out rectangular shapes out of wrapping paper, add thin ribbon and place a button in the center of each "gift".
- Fun borders - cut decorative wrapping paper into strips to be used as borders for photos or scrapbook pages.
Enjoy putting your Christmas scrapbook album together. Utilize these secrets and you'll be very pleased with the outcome.
Lastly - make sure you "Click Here Now" and signup on the next page so I can send you a video that's instantly accessible that will show you 5 FRESH ideas to help you create a layout you'll love in HALF the time.
P.S. Make sure you "click here now" and get access to the free video we have created for you that will show you how to save a ton of time and effort on your layouts!
P.P.S Join over 900 other scrapbookers just like yourself who use our scrapbooking tips to create gorgeous layouts. "Click here now"
- Discover the 4 most POPULAR types of flowers for any layout...
- Save money by learning how to make them yourself...
- Discover more insider scrapbooking tips and tricks!
Other Cool Scrapbooking Articles!
- 5 Inspiring Ideas To Help You Create A Beautiful Layout Of Your Family You Can Cherish Forever
- Creating A Beautiful Scrapbook For Your Baby Girl The Easy Way!
- How To Create A Vintage Scrapbook Layout That Looks Authentic!
- 7 FRESH Ideas To Scrapbook Your Disney Trip!
- Cool Ideas To Create A Gorgeous Pregnancy Scrapbook Layout
- The Secrets Of A Successful Christmas Scrapbook Layout
- How To Make A Scrapbook Layout From Scratch In Under 10 Minutes
- 8 Ideas For Creating A Graduation Scrapbook Ideas That You And Your Kids Will Love!
- Discover The 5 Crucial Elements That Guarantee A Good Beach Layout!
- How To Create A Beautiful Baby Layout To Cherish Forever!
- The Top 5 Ideas For Creating A Wedding Scrapbook Layout
- Here's 4 Scrapbook Page Ideas That You've Never Tried Before
- How To Scrapbook Your Family History For Generations To Come
- Here's 7 Hot New Scrapbooking Ideas If You're On A Budget
- The Top 5 Ideas For Creating A Wedding Scrapbook Layout
- 3 Things You MUST Include When Creating A Scrapbook Page For Someones Retirement