“Free Flower Making Tutorial” – Discover How To Create Gorgeous Flowers For Your Pages Click Here Now
How To Create A Vintage Scrapbook
Layout That Looks Authentic!
One of the hottest trends in scrapbooking is creating a vintage style scrapbook album.
If you attend a scrapbooking party or a demonstration, there’s a good chance that you’ll get to see some inspiring vintage scrapbook layouts. To get a jumpstart on creating your own vintage scrapbook, here are some steps to help you get started.
Choose your photos
When vintage scrapbooking, either choose photos that are truly vintage, meaning the old black and white photos, or transform the look of your current photos to appear vintage.
You can also get a cool app like "instagram" for your iphone, this way you can take photos and then apply vintage filters to make them look old in a matter of seconds. I like to change my photos to sepia or black and white to get that vintage style look.
If you opt to use current photos, include props that will give the appearance of authenticity. For example, if you’re taking a photo of your young children then include antique toys rather than today’s legos or baby dolls. Keep the background simple in the photo as well. Try not to include modern day items such as a flat screen, a computer or a microwave (kinda kills the vintage vibe :))
Select vintage paper
You’ll find a good assortment of vintage scrapbook backgrounds at your craft store. For instance, you might choose a black and white background that has a pair of vintage white gloves as the main focal point or a background with an antique car.
Another great option is to use sample wallpaper. Quite often when a store gets in new stock, they get rid of their old sample wallpaper books. Talk with the manager and you may be able to get the book for free! Although these pages are smaller than the standard 12x12 scrapbooking page, you can still use a page as a portion of your background. A lot of the pages have a vintage appeal and will add texture to your scrapbook page.
Be very selective in regards to color as you as you design your vintage scrapbook layouts. Think in terms of old fashioned and not bright and bold. Adding a little color as an accent is fine, but don’t let a color overpower the page. The majority of the page should be neutral, brown, gray or green.
If you enjoy digital scrapbooking, you can find a wide assortment of vintage scrapbook pages. You just need to scan your photos, choose your embellishments, and then download.
With vintage scrapbook layouts, you need to use clean lines. Many of the old photos were rectangular or square in shape. Some of the professional photos were oval in shape. Use similar shapes—this isn’t the time to get creative with zigzag lines and such. Use templates for cropping your photos.
Use the same matting for all of your photos that you’ll be using for a given spread. For an authentic look, use brown, gray or dark green for matting. These are the colors that were used a lot when the photos were originally taken. For a special added touch, first mat with a narrow cream color border and then a wider mat out of the grown, gray or green.
Just as you want your photos and backgrounds to have a vintage look, you need to do the same with your embellishments. Here are some ideas that will work well as you create a vintage style scrapbook:
- A flat brooch
- An advertising label from an old food can
- Antique looking ribbon
- Old black and white postcards
- Old buttons
- Old canceled postage stamps
- Old certificates
- Old greeting cards
- Old worn out recipe cards
- Package of vintage stickers
- Rubber stamps that have old fashioned flowers
- Scrapbooking charms
- Tattered love letter
- Word or phrase stickers
As you’re out and about, stop at local thrift shops and garage sales to look for items that can be used as embellishments. You might be able to get some good finds!
Journal it - but keep it simple...
The more you explore vintage scrapbooking ideas, the more you’ll discover that for most vintage layouts, the photos do most of the talking.
Instead of providing detailed explanations, choose just a few words to reflect the main theme of the page or spread. For instance, if the photos are all pics of your grandfather, then just a simple “Grandpa” at the top is fine. Consider using phrases that reflect the past such as: “Yesteryears”, “Memories”, “Remembering when…”, “Cherished Moments” or “Fond Memories”. For some pages, you may just want to simply put the year.
A vintage style scrapbook will stand out amongst your other scrapbooks. There’s just something about looking at old photos and feeling as though you stepped into the past. Apply these steps and you’ll be able to create vintage layouts that look authentic!
Lastly - make sure you "Click Here Now" and signup on the next page so I can send you a video that's instantly accessible that will show you 5 FRESH ideas to help you create a layout you'll love in HALF the time.
P.S. Make sure you "click here now" and get access to the free video we have created for you that will show you how to save a ton of time and effort on your layouts!
P.P.S Join over 900 other scrapbookers just like yourself who use our scrapbooking tips to create gorgeous layouts. "Click here now"
- Discover the 4 most POPULAR types of flowers for any layout...
- Save money by learning how to make them yourself...
- Discover more insider scrapbooking tips and tricks!
Other Helpful Scrapbooking Articles!
- 5 Inspiring Ideas To Help You Create A Beautiful Layout Of Your Family You Can Cherish Forever
- Creating A Beautiful Scrapbook For Your Baby Girl The Easy Way!
- How To Create A Vintage Scrapbook Layout That Looks Authentic!
- 7 FRESH Ideas To Scrapbook Your Disney Trip!
- Cool Ideas To Create A Gorgeous Pregnancy Scrapbook Layout
- The Secrets Of A Successful Christmas Scrapbook Layout
- How To Make A Scrapbook Layout From Scratch In Under 10 Minutes
- 8 Ideas For Creating A Graduation Scrapbook Ideas That You And Your Kids Will Love!
- Discover The 5 Crucial Elements That Guarantee A Good Beach Layout!
- How To Create A Beautiful Baby Layout To Cherish Forever!
- The Top 5 Ideas For Creating A Wedding Scrapbook Layout
- Here's 4 Scrapbook Page Ideas That You've Never Tried Before
- How To Scrapbook Your Family History For Generations To Come
- Here's 7 Hot New Scrapbooking Ideas If You're On A Budget
- The Top 5 Ideas For Creating A Wedding Scrapbook Layout