Creating A Beautiful Couple Scrapbook Layout
Having a life-long bestfriend is how I see having someone in marriage for eternity . . .
. . . this is my inspiration for the couple page LO I’ve done for both my LO subjects Dan and Anna Lyons of ScrapbookingCoach.com.
For my scrapbook layout, I wanted to show the practical scrapbooker in me. As I started in years 2010 to 2011 as a practical scrapbooker, the technique in use for my LO is creating your own pattern paper. You also have the option in creating your own embellishments with your own tools and equipment . . . . or to be even be more practical . . . . upcylce or recycle materials for the love of Mother Nature.
In my LO, I focused on creating my own pattern paper by painting on my own the whole pattern paper design. You may go from student’s painting supplies to artist-grade paints. I created my own handmade heart tag for the lovely couple to matt their photo with.
Done in predominantly sweet color tones and hues, I wanted my layout for them to be as sweet, entitled: A LOVE STORY. Do tell your love stories thru embellishments capped off by journaling. And, you may even have it with a memorabilia from and with that wonderful day captured in a photo and now into an LO.
Your Beautiful Couple Scrapbook Layout Materials
- Watercolor Paper (Canson)
- Happy Days Pattern Papers (Echo Park)
- Camel Watercolour Paint
- Toyodo Watercolour Paint
- Wooden Key Chipboard Embellishments (Rosie’s Studio)
- Wooden Heart Chipboard Embellishments (Rosie’s Studio)
- Foam Letter Stickers (All About Scrapbooking)
- Subway Chipboard Stickers – Thickers (American Crafts)
- 2 Paris Washi Tapes
- Heart Rub-Ons (Bee Happy Crafts)
- 1 meter beige Lace
- Pink Fibers Adornaments (EK Success)
- Silver Thin Glitter Ribbon
- Baby Blue Embroidery Floss (DMC)
- Post Office Wooden Heart Stamp
- Craft Pick (Tonic Studios)
- Scallop Scissors (Provo Craft)
- Stapler and Staple Wires
1. Cut a 12×12 in size watercolour paper from your pad.
2. Prepare your watercolour paints, brush and water. Paint and create your own pattern paper from your white blank watercolour paper.
3. Cut embellishments such as pattern paper strips, word strips, tickets, flower graphic images and paper flairs. Create a heart handmade tag from plain pattern paper. Position everything at the center of your layout with the photo. Adhere. Then, add a pink fiber and a silver ribbon for the handmade tag.
4. Get your letters and create an LO title – A LOVE STORY.
5. Choose 2 Paris Washi Tapes. Add washi tapes to your LO.
6. Prepare baby blue embroidery floss and your stitching tools. Stitch on your handmade heart tag. This was done last or after the handmade heart tag is adhered to the LO, to further anchor the tag to the paper thru stitching. But, you may also opt to stitch on your handmade tag before adhering It to your layout.
7. Adorn heart and key wooden embellishments to your LO.
8. Staple a strip of lace on the bottom of your photo.
10. Stamp hearts all around your layout with a wooden heart stamp.
11. Journal the couple’s names. I used calligraphy in journaling – Dan Lyons and Anna Lyons.
Ta dah!! You now have a wonderful couple page layout, capturing one sweet moment in time. For more love scrapbooking ideas go here.
Layout By Kathleen B. Hernandez