A Beautiful Disney Scrapbook Layout
Layout By Kathleen B. Hernandez
Do you have a Summer Bucketlist? I do! And, that is to see Disneyland! And, I finally did! I’m glad to have visited the theme park over the Summer Season. And how better to capture such a moment than to create a Disneyland layout of our Disney vacation with Winnie D’ Pooh front and centre!
I smashbooked my way in creating this 12×12 Disney Scrapbook Layout. With smash pen, journal cards, wooden stamps and artist’s medium, I created this layout done in smashbooking scrapbook technique.
What joy to play with watercolour pencils and pens on your layout in creating a painted background. All done with pencils and pens. You may choose to create your background with paints and inks, but I choose for my layout pencils for a subtle to summery vintage appeal.
Let me show you these fresh scrapbooking ideas so you can be inspired!
MATERIALS For Your Disney Scrapbook Layout
- Pattern Paper
- Becky Higgins Dear Lizzy Project Life Fillers / Journal Cards (American Crafts)
- Blooms (Webster Pages) – PHOTO #1
- Wooden Chipboard Embellishments (Rosie’s Studio) – PHOTO #1
- Foam Letter Stickers (All About Scrapbooking)
- Washi Tapes
- Watercolour Pencils (Faber Castell) – PHOTO #1
- Gesso (Reeves) – PHOTO #1
- Coloring Pens (Faber Castell)
- Journaling Smash Pen (K&Company)
- Calligraphy Pen (Artline)
- Inks (Ranger)
- Wooden Stamps
1. Prepare your pattern paper by trimming the unwanted portion with your scissors.
2. Get your gesso and spatula / palette knife.
3. Apply 1st Coating of Gesso all around your pattern paper. Let dry.
4. Apply 2nd Coating of Gesso. Let dry.
5. Choose the colors of your Watercolour Pencils to make use.
6. Color above the dried gesso with an assortment of watercolour pencil colors.
7. Color all the dried gesso portion of your layout.
8. Prepare your brush and clear water.
9. Brush with water all the surface colored with watercolour pencil. Let dry.
10. Position & adhere your photo and Project Life Fillers or any journal cards of your choice.
11. Choose a color from your bundle of blooms.
12. Adhere blooms around your photo.
13. Get your stamping ink and wooden stamps.
14. Stamp on your journal cards with your choice of wooden stamp design.
15. Get your wooden chipboard embellishments.
16. Adhere your wooden chipboard embellishments on your layout.
17. Choose and get your colored pens in colors complimenting your layout.
18. Use your colored pens to color your wooden chipboard embellishments.
19. Color all or the rest of your wooden chipboard embellishments with your pens.
20. Get your letter stickers. Choose the brightly colored set of letter stickers.
21. Use your letter stickers to create the LO Title – Winnie D’ Pooh
22. Add washi tapes all around your layout.
23. Get your journaling smash pen.
24. Add journaling. Using a little bit of calligraphy to add the sub-title – HK-Disney. Draw hearts, swirls and doodle some more.
You now have one Summer-themed Disney scrapbook layout.
If you’d like 7 more FRESH ideas for your Disney Scrapbook Layout then click here!